Managing Business Operations Assignment Scenario
Struggling with your Managing Business Operations Assignment Task? If yes, then visit Assignmenthelpaus.com for Business Management Assignment Help at a pocket-friendly price. We deliver assignment writing services with zero-plagiarism content. Our subject area experts are qualified and experienced in providing MBA Assignment Help Services. If you have any query related assignment answers, then you can contact our 24/7 live chat team.
Jonathan Marshall, a sole trader, owns Tool Box — a traditional hardware store in the north of England. The business sells good quality materials and tools within a specialist, competitive market. Jonathan employs some part time staff and maintains manual business and financial records. He is aware of the need to develop his business and is keen to acquire new ideas which will enable him to manage the organisation more effectively. However, as a sole trader, he is very involved with the day to day operations of the business and has little spare time.
Jonathan has offered you a work placement, having heard about the qualification you are completing. He has asked you to prepare a range of materials which will help him to consider future changes to business practice. You will produce presentation materials, supporting notes, information sheets, employee handbook and sections of the business handbook.
Jonathan has provided his latest set of business financial accounts in Appendix
Task 1 — Features of a business environment
An initial meeting has been arranged with Jonathan which will focus on the key features of a business environment. Knowing that Jonathan is always busy you decide to produce a document for use at the meeting and this will assist the discussions. In the document you should:
- Identify common functions and divisions found in business organisations.
- Describe different organisational structures, providing appropriate examples for each of the organisational structures.
- Describe the key differences between public, private, voluntary sector and public service organisations.
To gain a merit grade you must prepare a separate document for Jonathan to read outside business hours which:
- Explains the advantages and disadvantages of each of the organisational structures you covered in the document you prepared for the meeting.
To gain a distinction grade in the second section of this document you must:
- Explain why a business organisation may choose to change its structure and the impact this may have.
LO1 AC 1.1, 1.2, 1.31,M1, 1D1
Task 2 — Business Handbook
Jonathan would like to add new sections to his business handbook, which he uses as a guide to help with the business decisions. You are required to prepare information sheets that provide the following information:
- An explanation of a range of key accounting concepts.
- A description of the stakeholders who need to understand an organisation’s financial position.
- A description of the information that is provided by business budgets.
- An explanation of the importance of excellent customer service to a business
- A description of the elements of excellent customer service.
- An explanation of why business planning is important.
- A description of mission, vision, business strategy and organisational objectives. The description should include details of how these are used in business
- An explanation of the key elements of a business plan and how it is created.
To gain a merit grade you must also include the following information in your business handbook:
- Interprets the final statements using appropriate accounting concepts provided in appendix 1.
- Explains how and why budgets are monitored.
- Explains the processes used to monitor organisational budgets.
- Differentiates between functional and personal customer expectations and how an organisation can ‘delight’ a customer in both areas.
To gain a distinction grade you must also include the following information in your business handbook:
- An explanation of how stakeholders’ interests might influence a business organisations financial decision making.
- An evaluation of the cost implications of poor customer service to both internal and external customers.
- An exemplar set of proposals for improving customer service. These proposals should be drawn from a business organisation that you have researched and have a comprehensive working knowledge.
LO2 AC 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, Ml, M2, D1
LO3 AC 3.1, 3.2, M1, D1, ID2
LO4 AC 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
Task 3 — Control and Decision Making
Jonathan is considering employing an operations manager. He wishes to be prepared for the interviews and has asked you to provide some detailed notes for him to read. He also plans to use this information to produce the questions he will ask at the interviews. The notes must provide:
- An explanation of why a business organisation requires operational control.
- A description of the systems business organisations use to achieve operational
- A description of the different techniques that managers can use to help decision
To gain a merit grade you must include:
- An identification of the different types of information which enable managers to have control and how they use the three stage control loop.
- A description of good and poor business decisions, based on their impacts on business organisations.
L05 AC 5.1, 5.2,M1 L06, AC 6.1,M1
Task 4 –
Your placement is coming to an end. You want to learn from your experience of completing the work for Jonathan. You also need to take into account other experiences for example from your time spent studying, part time employment or work in a voluntary or personal capacity etc.
To gain a distinction grade you must:
- Provide a personal skills evaluation. The example should evaluate your own decision making skills in terms of techniques used, outcomes and sensitivity to the culture of others.
LO 6, D1
For REF… Use: #getanswers2002472