International Human Resource Management Answer to Question
Do you need International Human Resource Management by top writers? We Provides any kinds of assignments subject help for university and college students. We here for you 24/7. Also we provide Assignment writing services in all over the world.
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The objective of this module is to make students understand the human resource management, and equip them with knowledge, skill and competencies to manage people along with material, information, capital and knowledge asset in the organization, to equip the students in formulating their own managerial and leadership, style, their assumptions and belief about ‘people’ and their behaviours in an organization. Given the state of competition and globalization, business environments are getting volatile and managing Human Resources is a challenge faced by present day organizations in both domestic and global scenario. This module helps students relate HRM practices in globalized context, its significance, scope and practices in relation to International Human Resource Management.
LO1: Critically review and analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in an organisation, and how it can be linked with organisational behaviour activities in overcoming business issues and challenges for a better performance of the organisation.
LO2: Critically review and analyse the framework of leadership and consider the nature, strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches: traits; functional; behavioural; style; contingency. The continuum of leadership behaviour should be explored in some depth with consideration of the factors determining the chosen leadership style.
LO3: Discuss the concept of organisational behaviour and its interface with management. Review and critically synthesize the various influences on behaviour in organisations and the interface with management in integrating and balancing these.
LO4: Asses the role of IHRM and its impact on global organisation. Identify some of the key HRM challenges facing organisations working internationally. Discuss the prevalent HRM practices and integrating the best practices in global organisation.
Assignment Task 1 (Report, 75 Marks) – Word count 3500 words:
You are required to choose any organisation, preferably a Multinational company which has operations in several countries. Assume you are the Head, Human Resources Management for the organization. The Board has informed you of its decision to enter into the international market. You, along with the other functional heads, have been asked to strategize for the multinational nature of your organization. You have been given two weeks to study the various related aspects and submit a report that are likely to influence the organization’s HR strategies in the international scene.
- Executive Summary [4 marks, 200 words]
- Introduction: Provide some background information on the chosen organization with a special focus on its human resources.[10 marks, 300 words]
- Critically review the existing HRM practices of your organization. Analyse the importance of HRM and its practices in your organisation with specific focus on how it helps in overcoming business issues/ challenges for better performance. [12 marks, 600 words]
- Critically review any two theories of leadership (trait, behavioural, contingency). Assess the suitability of one of the leadership theory that you have analysed in the context of your organization’s international plans. [12 marks, 600 Words]
- Discuss the behavioural dimensions that would be required in the management of human resources in the new foreign context of your organization. You can do so by identifying some of the key challenges that you are likely to face in the international environment (from a human resources point of view such as understanding human behaviour, identifying employee needs). [15 marks, 700 words]
- Discuss the strategies you would employ to attract and recruit local talent. You are furthered required to identify the cultural challenges and your plans to respond to such challenges. [10 marks, 500 words]
- Conclusions and Recommendations: Conclude the report, and provide recommendations for the change of practices and perspectives required in managing human resources in the change from domestic to multinational set up. Discuss how this change will impact on the international nature of your organisation. [12 marks, 600 Words]
Assignment Task 2 (Reflective Report, 25 marks)- Word count 1500 words
This is a reflective report; a Reflective Report is a piece of writing that summarises a student’s critical reflection on a subject. Report guidelines are as follows: –
- Description: What did you learn in this module that can be used in your professional practice? [Max-350 words, 6 Marks]
- Evaluation: Which topics you liked in this module and why? Also, discuss the flipside (Which topics did not carry any relevance, justify your claim). [Max-350 words, 6 Marks]
- Analysis: How are you going to use the topics you liked in your professional practice? Explain this part using an example from your line of work. [Max- 450 words, 7 Marks]
- Action Plan: How will you start taking action to implement your “Analysis” at your place of work? [Max-350 words, 6 Marks]
For REF… Use: #getanswers2002448