BSBLDR511 – Develop and Use Emotional Intelligence
Get BSBLDR511 Develop and Use Emotional Intelligence Assessment 1 Project Answers and Solution. Assignment Help AUS Team of a experts in Australia, UK and USA. We Provide Develop and Use Emotional Intelligence Assessment Answers by Assignment Writers at affordable Price.
Assessment 1 – Project
There are two parts to this assessment.
- Part A: Take the Global Emotional Intelligence Test (GEIT) to reflect on your emotional stressors and triggers and identify your emotional strengths, weaknesses and areas for development.
- Part B: Use the results from Part A and feedback from others to identify the impact of your behaviours, and as a guide to developing emotionally intelligent behaviour in the workplace. Write a reflection and provide supporting documentation for this
Complete all parts of the assessment with supporting documentation as required. Submit the assessment task in the required format and within the timeframe agreed with your assessor.
Part A: Identify own emotional strengths and weaknesses
- Complete the online emotional intelligence test, GEIT, to identify your own emotional strengths and weaknesses. The test is based Goleman’s 4-quadrant Emotional Intelligence Competency Model (2002) and the Global EI Capability Assessment The test will provide you with an overview of your emotional intelligence strengths and areas for development.
- Complete the 40 online questions at:
Emotional Intelligence Test, Global Leadership Foundation, https://globalleadershipfoundation.com/geit/eitest.html.
- Take a screenshot of your completed test to submit as supporting
- Identify at least 3 instances of feeling stressed or experiencing a negative emotional state at work. Write a short description of each instance and describe:
- What caused the stress or negative emotional state?
- How did you act or react? Did you notice any changes in your behaviour?
- How could you modify these and achieve a greater sense of self-control?
You will use this material in Part B. Submit this material to your assessor at the end of the assessment.
- Identify at least 2 different emotional triggers that impact on your personal emotional states at work. Write a short description of each trigger and discuss:
- What impact can your automatic responses to these triggers have on others in the workplace?
- Using your increased awareness of such triggers, how could you control your responses? How could you model workplace behaviours that demonstrate productive management of emotions for others?
You will use this material in Part B. Submit this report to your assessor at the end of the assessment.
Part B: Seek and use feedback
- Use the awareness of yourself gained in Part A. Design your own 360°feedback tool to collect feedback from others about your own emotional intelligence. To develop the tool:
- Add and remove questions from the sample provided in Appendix 1.1.
- Tailor the questions to be specific to your own strengths and weaknesses identified in Part A.
- Seek feedback from no less than 5 workplace individuals using the 360° feedback tool you developed. You must ask a minimum of the following to complete the tool:
- 2 colleagues/peers (Can be fellow students in class)
- your manager/supervisor (Your Assessor)
- 2 direct reports (Can be fellow students in class)
- Collate the feedback responses into a summary
- Summarise the insights you gained from Part A and the feedback from the 360° feedback tool. This summary should be 1000–1200 words long, and include:
- an evaluation of the impact on others of your own workplace behaviours in challenging situations
- times when you have demonstrated self-control through the management of your own emotions
- the impact of your own behaviours when you have demonstrated self-control
- 3 potential areas where you can develop your emotional intelligence
- emotional intelligence principles and strategies that you have used.
Submit your report to your assessor within the agreed time frame.