FINM009 Assessment Solutions on Global Financial Strategy
Do you want FINM009 Global Financial Strategy Assessment Answers? No need to worry about assignment services. We have PhD experts who provide Financial Management Assignment Help at Assignmenthelpaus.com. Our Online Assignment Writers gives assistance on report writing, free assignment samples.
- Topic: Report
- Document Type: Coursework
- Subject: Finance
- Number of Words: 2000
- Citation/Referencing Style: Harvard
The Assessment Task
You are expected to choose one of the following companies:
1. British American Tobacco plc (BAT), a British multinational company that manufactures and sells cigarettes, tobacco and other nicotine
2. Vodafone Group plc, a British multinational telecommunications
Making use of the company annual reports available for the last five years, you are required to review the company’s global operations and address the following questions:
1. Analyze critically the key attractions for the company when investing in the foreign countries (FDI). Review analytically the 5-year trends of revenues by geographical location and profits by business segment. Identify the key changes and the associated risks that have been brought about by these changes.
2. Identify and critically analyze the sources of exchange rate risks and political risks that the company has faced and is facing. Critically assess the potential impacts of different types of risks.
3. Critically evaluate the company’s risk management strategies with special attention to the risks identified in Question 2. You are expected to evaluate the effectiveness of the company risk management policies and not only to describe them. Should any strategy be changed or improved? Make your recommendations and justify them.
HINT: It may be useful to calculate the standard deviations of the key currencies to determine their risk and/or the changes in the company cost of capital. Calculations of Beta or currency correlations will also be advantageous. (You may consider that the calculation of any change in the discount rate or the Beta will provide evidence of the company’s ability to manage its risks)
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
- Understand and evaluate the impacts of the global business environment on national and multinational
- Explain, demonstrate and recommend suitable risk management
- Prepare reports for management explaining and evaluating the financial consequences of strategic decisions, with special attention to identifying the sources of risks of assessment of such risks and their
- Communicate information and articulate complex arguments, convincingly, to influence and persuade stakeholders.
For REF… Use: #getanswers2001874