Role of Communication in Negotiation Assessment Answers
Hire an expert from AssignmentHelpAus.com and get the best quality Assignment Writing Help on Communication & Negotiation Skills. We offer our service 24×7 so that student can contact us at any time. We provide our service at an affordable price with the help of our Professional Assignment Writers. Contact us now and get the 100% plagiarism free Online Assignment Help.
- Title: Communication & Negotiation Skills
- Number of Words : 3000 – 3500
- Referencing Style : Harvard (in-text + citation)
Answer all the question. (45 Marks) Word limit-1000 to 2000 words
1. Define negotiation?
2. Define Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA) and Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)? Provide one example for
3. How do you determine BATNA? Explain your answer in detail with
4. What are the three criteria that determines if negotiation was successful? Explain each criteria in details and provide an example for each.
5. What strategies would you use to achieve successful negotiation?
6. What strategies would you utilize when conducting negotiation preparation?
7. What are the negotiation conditions? Explain each condition.
8. How to respond to objections and what strategies would you utilize to overcome them effectively?
9. What communication strategies and levels would you utilize to achieve a successful negotiation?
10. What are the essential techniques and strategies in the context of negotiation?
11. What are the five factors that can cause negotiations to fail? Explain each factor in details with
12. Identify the eight-negotiation process and explain each process in detail with examples?
13. What communication strategies and levels would you utilize to achieve a successful negotiation?
14. Why is it important to determine the personality type of your negotiating partner/s? What tools can you utilize to determine their personality type?
15. Why having certain soft skills is important for a successful negotiation? Which soft skills in particular are important (mention at least three)?
Case study: (45 Marks) Word limit-750 to 1500 words
An advertisement has been placed on the company’s and on major recruitments websites for a great opportunity to be employed as Country Manager at ABA insurance company in the UAE.
You read the job description and believe you are the fit for this position. You want to negotiate with the General Manager, Dr. David Smith, that you would like to excel and get promoted as “Country Manager”, from your current position as the “Dubai’s branch manager”. This position will provide you with many opportunities such as higher salary, more responsibilities, and utilizing more of your technical and leadership skills.
In addition, you have been working with the company since September 2015 as a full-time employee and have made enormous contribution to the organization. From your experience you have also determined that Dr. David Williams is F/T (Feeling/Thinking) personality type as per The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
1. What would be your negotiation process? What will be your BATNA? What are the essential techniques and strategies in the context of negotiation? What would your SMART goals? Explain in detail.
2. What would be the objections of Dr. David Williams (list minimum three objections). Why is it important to determine the objections? What strategies would you utilize to overcome them knowing his personality type? Give examples.
3. What strategies would you utilize to make the best first impressions? Please give minimum of ten examples.
4. Why is it important to negotiate with a sense of benefits for your negotiating partner/s? What strategies would you utilize to achieve this? What feedback techniques would you utilize to enhance your negotiations?
5. What strategies will you utilize to achieve effectiveness, efficiency, and negotiating climate? What negotiation strategies and tools would you utilize to avoid failure? Explain in detail.