Information Systems And Organisations In Management Assignment
Are you Studying Management and seeking out the Information Systems and Organisations Assignment Answer? Call at Assignmenthelpaus who works with its 100+ Proficient writers. You will get A+ Solution of particular question along with key points. We offer free assignment samples in any subject and best writing services like case study help, dissertation, research paper help and so more. Students can connect with us 24/7 on-site for academic related queries.
- Words: (4200 Words)
- University: NCC education
- Course Title: Information Systems and Organisations
This assignment requires you to demonstrate the knowledge and skills you have acquired throughout the course of this module by producing a 4,000 (+/- 10%) word, fully referenced academic report that addresses the tasks given below. In order to complete the assignment, you will need to choose an appropriate organisation to research.
Choosing an appropriate organisation
Step 1: Select an industry sector in which you are interested e.g. fashion retail, IT, hospitality, manufacturing, etc.
Step 2: Select an international business in that sector. A feature of such an organisation must be that it has a reliance on information systems (i.e. computer software, enterprise applications, decision support systems, customer relationship management systems etc.) and technology (e.g. computers, smart processing devices, etc) as part of their product offering or service provision. You must ensure that the focus is on the operation and processes of the chosen organisation, using information systems and technology.
Step 3: Ensure that the main activities of your organisation include the majority of the following:
- Manufacture and/or creation and maintenance of products and/or services
- Communication with business partners, customers and other stakeholders
- Management of relationships with partners, customers and other stakeholders
- Brand management and marketing in a variety of different markets
- Management and training of staff at all levels
- Management of infrastructure and operational costs
- Management of information systems and technology infrastructure
- Managing ethical, social and legal requirements
- Research and development of new products and/or processes
- Decision making, selling/distribution services, and logistics
- Project management and provision of specialist technical services
It is assumed that the organisation you have chosen will already have a variety of information systems (software and hardware) or will need to update or acquire new systems as the organisation further develops or expands.
Researching Your Organisation
Search on the Internet to choose an appropriate organisation; and use Internet resources to enable you to understand the business mission, the products/services they offer, the operational processes, and the business and technology context in which the organisation operates. You will need this information to address the tasks given below. Do not limit yourself to web-based sources only; you should also use academic, industry and other sources, that you find relevant.
Make sure your chosen organisation has some information relevant to the following aspects. This research is part of the assignment; make notes as you sift through the available information.
- Existing Information systems and hardware infrastructure
- Relationship with partner organisations and customers
- Management of operational processes and inherent issues
- Technologies used for working practices and organisational processes
- Issues and limitations of existing information systems
- Strategies for innovation, improvement and expansion
- Strategies for marketing and customer profiling
- Policies on environmental issues and regulatory
You are to produce a single, 4,000 (+/- 10%) word academic report that covers the tasks laid out below. In your report, you must also include a 200-word overview of your organisation and a references section neither of which should be included in your word count of 4,000 (+/- 10%).