HSNS270 Integrated Nursing Practice Assessment Task Solution
Are you studying nursing and need help in HSNS270 Integrated Nursing Practice Assessment Task Solution? Assignmenthelpaus.com functions round the clock to accommodate your academic challenges. You can also get online nursing assignment samples in a well-formatted manner from our leading experts who work with their full genuine efforts.
- REFERENCING STYLES: APA
- PAGES: 8
- COURSE CODE: HSNS270
- COURSE TITLE: INTEGRATED NURSING PRACTICE
- UNIVERSITY: UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND
- COUNTRY: AU
Chandler, a 47-year old male presented to the hospital with mid-epigastric pain, bloating, and nausea 30 to 60 minutes after meals. He also noticed dark colored stool over the past two days. Chandler works as an accountant in a highly stressful work environment and consumes coffee regularly while at work. He has been taking Ibuprofen for the last three weeks for a sprained ankle and sometimes aspirin for headaches. He drinks 4 to 6 glasses of whisky on weekends.
Chandler was admitted to the hospital. Stool-antigen test and urease breath test were positive for H pylori. Oesophago gastroduodenos copy confirmed multiple bleeding gastric ulcers.
A nasogastric tube was inserted for 4th hourly aspiration. He was kept nil by mouth for two days with IV fluid therapy. Chandler was given antiemetic, antiobiotic and medications to decrease stomach acidity via the intravenous route. Nasogastric tube was removed after two days and Chandler was commenced on soft diet. IV fluid therapy was stopped on day 3. His condition improved and Chandler was discharged from the hospital after seven days with a referral to local GP clinic for review every six months.
1. Discuss the path physiology of gastric ulcer and the contributing factors for the disease condition in Chandler’s case
2. Explain about focused gastrointestinal assessment (collecting subjective and objective data) for Chandler on admission
3. List the classes of medications to decrease stomach acidity and explain their mechanism of action
4. Detail the nursing management of Chandler while admitted in the hospital and briefly outline patient education topics on discharge.