PD205 Psychology and Law Enforcement Lesson Plan Questions and Answers
PD205 Psychology and Law Enforcement Lesson Plan Questions Example at AssignmentHelpAus.Get online Assignment Help from experts to score A+ grades in your study.
Referencing Styles: APA
Course Code: PD205
Course Title: Psychology and Law enforcement
Lesson Plan Activity 1
- Are you surprised Detective Smyth was able to get a confession out of Williams?
- What techniques did he use to elicit a confession?
- Do you think the methods that Detective Smyth was appropriate?
- Did he seem to be using any coercion to get Williams to confess?
Lesson Plan Activity 2
- At the beginning of this lesson, you watched Detective Smyth interviewing Russell Williams.
- Williams was a suspect, not a witness, but some of the methods that we just went over are relevant to this interview.
- What techniques did Detective Smyth use to minimize Williams’ anxiety in the interview?
- How did he build rapport with Williams?
- Did he encourage Williams to take an active role in the interview?
Lesson Plan Activity 3
- Come up with an example of each of these 4 types of questions.
- What types of questions are best to ask in an interview?
- Which types of questions should be avoided? Why?
Lesson Plan Activity 4
- How can police officers protect the rights of youth and people with mental deficits?
- In the course reading, the authors talk about 4 subtests for checking comprehension of Miranda rights (see page 263 of Roesch reading).
- Do you think these would be effective for protecting a suspect’s rights?
Lesson Plan Activity 5
- Compare and contrast the PEACE approach and the REID technique.
- Which do you think would be more effective for getting a suspect to confess?
- Which technique would be more likely to lead to false confessions? Defend your position.
Lesson Plan Activity 6
Activity: Read Case study 9.4 and answer the Critical Thinking question.
Lesson Plan Activity 7
Part a) Question: Why would someone voluntarily confess to a crime they did not commit?
What type of false confession did Joel Labadie make in the Darrelle Exner case described above?
Part b) Activity: Read Case Study 9.5 from Week One’s reading and answer the 3 Critical Thinking questions.
Russell Williams the confession Fifth Estate Book Reference: Forensic psychology and the law: A Canadian perspective. Police investigations, interrogations and confessions. Roesch, Ronald; Zapf, Patricia A.; Hart, Stephen D. & Connolly, Deborah Article Website
Online assignment help and dissertation writing help. Our written assignments are processed through various phases, ensuring guaranteed quality. Assignmenthelpaus.com employs more than 90 PhD writers proficient to craft 100 per cent fresh content. We are strict in our terms and make sure the written articles are free of plagiarism. Nonetheless, get vivid ideas and inspiring examples from our 1000+ database of samples. Make your learning fun with Assignmenthelpaus.com.