Want help on ACC620 Contemporary Issues in Accounting? AssignmentHelpAUS.com provide Essay Writing Service, Dissertation Writing and Online Assignment Help for Students at affordable price by experts. Contact now to connect with our 24*7 support system from Australia to get expert advice.
Accounting Theory on ACC620 Contemporary Issues
- Course Code: ACC620
- Course Title: contemporary issues in accounting
- Referencing Styles: Harvard
- Words: 1000
- University: University of Sunshine Coast
- Country: AU
ACC 620 Contemporary Accounting Issues Task:
Consider the actions of Rio Tinto about the Juukan Gorge in Western Australia.
- Provide a general explanation of Legitimacy Theory and Stakeholder Theory.
- Evaluate the actions of Rio Tinto in terms of Lindblom’s four possible legitimising strategies:
- Educate and inform its “relevant public” about (actual) changes in the organisation’s performance and activities;
- Change the perceptions of the “relevant public” – but not change its actual behaviour;
- Manipulate perception by deflecting attention from the issue of concern to other related problems through an appeal to, for example, dynamic symbols; or
- Change external expectations of its performance.
- Apply the Managerial and Ethical Branches of Stakeholder theory to explain how the interests of the indigenous community should be managed in the future.