ACC00714 Managerial Accounting Assignment Answers – Southern Cross University
Referencing Styles: Harvard
Course Code: ACC00714
Course Title: Fundamentals of Management Accounting
Budget Schedules & Expected Outcomes
Using the information provided, prepare the following operating and financial budgets for the twelve-month period from January 2021 to December 2021.
- Monthly Revenue
- Labour Budget (including labour cost per appointment type)
- Monthly Operating Expense Budget
- Budgeted Income Statement for the year ended 31 December 2021
- Monthly Cashflow Budget for the year ended 31 December 2021
- Budgeted Balance Sheet for the year ended 31 December 2021
Your budget spreadsheet must be submitted in Excel Format (not as an appendix in your WORD document). The first worksheet should contain your raw/input data and assumptions from this assignment overview sheet. All future worksheets should be linked to this data. Show all calculations and use Excel functions where possible. While you should use examples in your text as a guide, the key to using spreadsheets is that they are structured so that others can use them and follow the flow of information without difficulty.
Analysis & Report to Managing Directors of Orthodontic Clinic
- Write a report (Maximum 1,000 words, 10% (+/-) will be accepted with no penalty) for the managing director of the orthodontic clinic. The report should include:
- an overview of the expected results for the 2021 year including total sales, operating expenses and expected cash position;
- a cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis to indicate the breakeven point (inpatients and revenue) and provide recommendations regarding how to improve the current margin of safety.
- an analysis of the business operations (i.e. current incomes and expenses) and recommendations regarding how to improve the profitability of the orthodontic clinic. Use industry data (e.g. market rate for salaries) to support any recommendations for changes.
- Use visual aids such as tables and graphs to enhance your report presentation.